Phil Letizia

Friday, July 11, 2008

Unreleased

There are times when you come across a song that hits everything for you. In the past few months , Ray LaMontange has become one of, if not my favorite artists. This on the edge, raw, yet familiar singer-songwriter from Maine captures the hope and desperation of love and pain in each and every breath and lyric.

Recently on YouTube I stumbled across a video of an "Unreleased" Song by LaMontagne. The Video is choppy and not very good, but still there's something about this song. So I did some hunting and found out that hopefully on his new upcoming album, LaMontagne will release this song. Even the title of the song stops you. It's called,
"You Are the Best Thing that ever Happened to Me".

Here's the link to the video and below are the lyrics. Stay tuned for an upcoming review of Ray LaMontagne's first album Trouble. One of the great albums of the decade.

Video Clip

"You Are the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me"

So baby,
Its been a long day babe,
Things aint going my way,
I think I need you here,
You clear my mind.

And baby,
The way you move me its crazy.
You see right through me,
You make it easy,
You please me and you dont even have to try.

And you are the best thing thats ever happened to me.
And all this junkies desire,
My angel on fire,
You wont make me a liar babe.

Cause you are the best thing thats ever happened to me.
And its the woman in you,
That makes me want to be with you for always.
Yes its the woman in you,
That makes me want to be with you for always.

Now both of us have known a love before.
To come on up from the sun like the spring
just walk on out the door.
Well ooohhh our hearts are kind and are hearts are strong.
When Im by your side, baby I am where I belong.

Cause you are the best thing thats ever happened to me.
And its the woman in you,
That makes me want to be with you for always.

Baby,
Weve come a long way baby.
I hope and I pray that you believe me
When I say theres nothing

Cause you are the best thing that ever happened to me,
And its the woman in you,
That makes me want to be with you for always.

Yes its the woman in you,
That makes me want to be with you for always.
For always

3 Comments:

  • Favorite part: "And all this junkie's desire, my angel on fire, you wont make me a liar babe." You won't make me a liar... brilliant.

    I haven't heard the song yet, but I'll definitely check it out soon. I only have dial-up internet at home, so watching even a 10-second clip on youtube is an all night event.

    By Blogger Ryan B, At 11:16 PM  

  • My favorite LaMontagne lyric is from the song "Jolene"...

    "A man needs somethin' he can hold onto, a nine pound hammer, or a woman like you... either one of them things will do."

    Yes. Yes they will.

    By Blogger Philip Letizia, At 1:54 PM  

  • haha, love it...

    By Blogger Ryan B, At 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home