Phil Letizia

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Faith

"Faith looks back upon the past, for her battles have strengthened her, and her victories have given her courage. She remembers that God never has failed her; nay, that he never did once fail any of his children. She recollecteth times of great peril, when deliverance came; hours of awful need, when as her day her strength was found, and she cries, “No, I never will be led to think that he can change and leave his servant now. Hitherto the Lord hath helped me, and he will help me still.” Thus faith views each promise in its connection with the promise-giver, and, because she does so, can with assurance say, 'Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life!'"

- Charles Spurgeon, from "Morning July 8th",
Morning and Evening

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home