Phil Letizia

Saturday, June 28, 2008

City Church of Homestead

This Sunday I'll be preaching at City Church of Homestead, a new church in the South Miami area, the last stop before the Florida Keys. My friend Chris is the pastor there and City Church has done some remarkable things for the city of Homestead, and the area of South Miami. Chris and I met about a year ago and he has quickly become a friend and mentor to me.

I believe whole-heartedly in the mission of City Church. To reach an area of South Miami with the gospel, through the arts and language of the culture.

If it comes to your mind, pray for me this Sunday morning, and pray for the people of City Church, that their mission would continue to show growth and benefit to the Miami area. We'll be talking about Jesus' radical question in Matthew 12, "Who are my brothers and sisters?"

Jesus came into the world to break down every social and national barrier put in place by man, and carry out the mission of God. The "Big Story of God" is bringing life from death, beauty from ashes, and those that do these things, those that "do the will of my Father", are the true brothers and sisters of Christ.

Blessings and Peace...

3 Comments:

  • City Church in Homestead? Very cool. Nice to hear from you. :)

    By Blogger Fay, At 10:32 PM  

  • I'll definitely be praying for you, man.

    By Blogger Ryan B, At 8:35 PM  

  • how did it go? I leave near Homestead and I was considering visiting this morning, but I have to finish two papers for my political theory class by Thursday.

    I'll try to visit in a couple of weeks -- some young people in our 'hang-out' group on Tuesdays have visited and had good things to say about chris and the church.

    By Blogger Joseph Holbrook, At 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home