Phil Letizia

Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday Afternoon Rant

Some of you have asked what the recent "untilted" posts are. They're installments of a short story that i've started writing. I've always liked how writers of a hundred years ago would publish chapters of their new novels in the newspaper. So i've taken to posting the story in that fashion. This is the first time I've ever written anything fictional. I'm not as good as the likes of fellow bloggers, Cameron Conant, Fayola Shakes (My (Im)mortal Life), and Adam Masterson, but I'm trying something new. I'd appreciate your comments, thoughts, questions as more of it comes out. Someone feel free to say at any point, please stop!

Friday Afternoon Rant:

Everyone should read "Eat this Book" by Eugene Peterson. My entire campus read through it this semester. It's a gem on spiritual reading.

Can someone tell Ryan Adams to take a page from Damien Rice and only release an album every 2 or 3 years. I love you Ryan, but you oversaturate the market with drivel. "Heartbreaker", and "Gold" were gold. Take a break.

If you were the new stud starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys and could now date any celebrity, would you pick Jessica Simpson? Come on Tony, you can do better than that.




Here's an excerpt from Adam Masterson's last blogpost entitled, "I Wrote This During a Class I was Bored In",
I thought was amazing:"If you have read Tolkien then you know that his stories feature elves and elves live forever. And in one of his works he writes that the Creator gave to elves gifts that men envied - strength, tireless energy, beauty and not the least of which was immortality. But to men the Creator gave what Tolkien called a strange gift - it was the gift of death. Because when men looked to the elves they thought of immortality being associated with eternal pleasure and experience and failed to realize that it also meant eternal sorrow and pain. Where there is no death there is no escape from the world and all of its sorrows and mess. The elves may live forever but they were bound to an earth that decayed and didn't age with the same grace they did, whereas man had the hope of one day escaping it all."

Did I just put Tolkien next to a picture of Jessica Simpson?

The new James Bond is incredible.

USC will beat Ohio State.

And lastly, can someone please open a Chik-fil-a franchise in south florida! The farthest south they come is WPB. Someone get on that.

Peace.

6 Comments:

  • There's a Chik-fil-a in Coral Springs

    By Blogger Patrick and Megan, At 9:51 PM  

  • it's in the mall though. No free standing franchises. That's what I want. Like 15 of them. Haha

    By Blogger Philip Letizia, At 12:45 PM  

  • They're building a free standing one on University. You'll have to start with 1...... :)

    By Blogger Patrick and Megan, At 7:16 PM  

  • I echo the sentiments that a mall chick-fil-a really doesn't compare to free-standing...free standing is what we are pining for for they serve breakfast and have drive-thru windows. BTW - like the rant format letizia, keep it up.

    By Blogger Adam, At 3:01 PM  

  • don't get me wrong I love me a chik fil a, but what south florida really lacks is a bojangles. somebody needs to get on that... and if you don't know about bojangles you need to find out

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:48 AM  

  • USC will not beat OSU, I'll bet you on it.

    By Blogger TeddyCook, At 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home