Phil Letizia

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Missed Out

"But it all goes back to how I was raised, I guess. I hadnt gone to church in a long time until I got married, and Ive recently been going again with my wife. And I feel like Ive missed out –I really missed it." Brandon Flowers of the Killers in Paste

I'm continually intrigued by the human heart. There's something about how our past experiences, our families, our "previous" lives, never leave us. As much as we try and change the circumstances and not talk about things, there's this connection with the "longing" we once had as a child, or as a less jaded adult.

Maybe that's the definition of art. Trying to capture the space in our lives we can't define, with a visible or vocal expression of it.

For those of us who do continually search to find what we've "missed out" on, we identify with Brandon and wonder if we missed out on something magnificent. Something way bigger than us.

There, is where we find art.

How many, like Brandon, are much closer to finding the answer of the "grand story" and redemption than we think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home