Phil Letizia

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What I'm Reading

This summer I feel like I've read more than at any other time in my life, and to my greater surprise, have been blown away at how much I have enjoyed it and seen written words feed my soul. From the trivial and fun, to the moving and intellectual, reading has become something new and different for me these past few months.

I'm always intrigued to know what others are reading and so routinely I'll check other sites and blogs to find out what some of you and other friends are reading. So I thought I'd do the same and every once in a while share with you what I'm reading.

So here's what I'm reading this week...

1. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

An American classic that as Dr. Lamerson wrote, "everyone should read at least once." Just be wary, the N word is used thoroughly. A fun adventure, that speaks to the heart of Americana and history.


2. Clemente: The Passion and Grace of Baseball's Last Hero

My passion as a baseball fan continues to grow and grow. Baseball history captivates me. And this biography that has been hailed as one of Sport's best in recent years, depicts the stoic and proud Clemete. The "royal" Pirate, whose "eyes burned with the fire of dignity". A portrait of a baseball icon, a rifle arm, and a humanitarian. More than just a baseball book, Clemente, speaks to race, homeland, and grace.

Until next week...
Happy Reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home