Phil Letizia

Monday, February 05, 2007

Friday Rant (Monday Version)

Congratulations to the Indianapolis Colts, Tony Dungy, and Peyton Manning. I'm a big Dungy fan. Class act, stand up guy whose been through hell and back in the last year. Enjoy it.

A little over a week ago I saw John Mayer live in concert for the first time. Incredible. Whether you still harbor ill feelings towards Mayer for his "wonderland" days, his new stuff, his new presence on stage is something to take in. Highlights of the night included his acoustic version of "Stop this Train", the intro and awesome vibe of "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room". Mayer won points throughout the night by referring to his old stuff as in the past, commenting, "sometimes you look back and wonder why you worried so much", in reference to the first song he wrote, "Why Georgia". During his encore he introduced the monkey on his back, "Your body is a Wonderand", perfectly by saying, "before this song was a punchline, I used to think it was a good tune." Well handled sir. Best part of the night however was the very first intro and song, "Vultures". Check it out on Continuum.

I feel bad for Rex Grossman today. That's all I'll say.

For all of my South Fla readers, can you ever remember a day like yesterday that wasn't a hurricane day? Too bad it was Super Bowl Sunday. A day I still believe should be made a national holiday by our federal government.

Something cool to think about. Before she became the 2nd richest woman in the world, J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series was homeless, living with her daughter, unemployed and living on state benefits.

In case any of you care, the famed "Back in Black" softball team that I play for that now wears Maroon jerseys is off to a resounding 0-2 start. It's ok, we'll bounce back. Updates along the way, and yes I've become a weekend warrior.

I love you Cooper City.

2 Comments:

  • Dang it, I missed the Mayer show! Would have loved to have seen Gravity performed live. Oh well.

    By Blogger Fay, At 4:53 AM  

  • If you need some softball help, I dominate.
    bp

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home