Phil Letizia

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Man Law

Blogs were designed for opinion. That's what we do here. I am fully aware that this post will offend, piss off, and perhaps, bring some of my friendships to an end. In the face of that however, I press on even still.

Before I begin, I must preface this by saying I am only a recent convert to this new position that I will proclaim. You may like to think of it as a type of reformation. Though once I acted and took part in this old way of thinking, I now have recently decided to abandon my old ways, and move on to a new way of living. So be warned. A certain number of you will be offended and appalled. I apologize. I have to put this out to the universe.

New Man Law.
Men should no longer where Sandals.

No longer should the "flip-flop", Reef, Teva, Rainbow, Old Navy knock-off, be allowed to be worn by Men over the age of 12.

As I sat in class the other day, I noticed that not only did every female in the room have some sort of sandal on, but every male did as well. And what I saw were nasty, narly, huge, hairy feet. I was given by God what they call "swimmer" feet. Which for those of you who don't know what that term means, I have huge feet. Flippers. And they're pasty white to match the rest of my pasty body. No longer should those be shown to anyone. I realize an incredibly drastic reform such as this must be defined and explained with its new parameters and rules. Now, I will try to explain what is acceptable, and what is not.

Unacceptable cases for men to wear any form of sandal:

1. If you are over 6'4"- you have huge feet, and are no longer
aloud to wear sandals
2. Guy who wears sandals only outdoors and as soon as he crosses the threshold of a door, discards them and precedes to walk around the office, classroom, establishment barefoot- Ridiculous
3. Guy who only! Ever wears sandals- Don't be afraid to put a little effort in. Ya know, tie a shoelace or two, put those dogs away!
4. No, I repeat, No guy has good feet. They're nasty, narly, and huge. Girls don't want to look at them.

Acceptable cases:

1. When in transit to, or from the beach, lake, or river
2. When on vacation
3. Around the house
4. If you're a girl

Men. Get out there. Risk it. Go buy yourself some new kicks! Let's get some style, put some effort in, and cover those bad boys up! Help your ankles out. Give them some support. Besides, when could one ever take part in the random pick-up sporting activity when we are wearing sandals? We've all been there! We've been reduced to playing barefoot while everyone else ran past us in sneakers, because we were unprepared.

Things like these take time. Change doesn't happen overnight. I just ask you think about these things. Respond accordingly to one's own conscience.

I am a keeper of the new Man Law. Even if in the sandal wearing culture, my friends, and my associates, disagree, spit, persecute, and never talk to me again.

I'm callin' it like it is.

Girls should wear sandals.

Guys.

Never.

5 Comments:

  • I'm not pissed, but I am a bit hurt. HAve you ever looked at my feet. They really are a thing of beauty, and deserve to be in sandals. But I want to be supportive of you, so I'll take all of your old flip flops and make sure you aren't tempted.

    Teddy

    By Blogger TeddyCook, At 9:54 AM  

  • teddy....you don't want to be supportive, you just want all of his flip-flops!! (TAT) and yes babe, you have great, tan feet....im thinking this is just Phil's lame excuse for all those 'guys running pass him in a game of pick up football' suuuure Phil, blame it on the shoes! ;)

    By Blogger The Cooks, At 2:09 PM  

  • First of all Teddy, you don't want to go anywhere near Phil's old sandals. Secondly, it's a matter of time before Phil breaks this rule. Just wait.

    And just earlier this week, Phil was talking about how cool one of his professors was because he wore sandals.

    By Blogger Rick Hunter, At 3:01 PM  

  • I like the push for reform but perhaps it is too far of a pendulum swing to the opposite side. I wear shoes more than the average south floridian for a few reasons you didn't mention. First, after a while I can smell my own feet if they are not covered by anything more than a sandal thong. Secondly, if I know I am going to a bar I ALWAYS wear shoes so that I am prepared for the 1/4 inch urine puddle I must wade through around the urinals. And thirdly, I will sport a shoe when prolonged sandal wearing makes my feet hurt. But a complete sandal boycott? Out of the question. Boycotts never work Phil - just ask Disney. Are they hurtin' for business after Christians boycotted them in the mid-90's for hosting Gay Day? I think not.

    By Blogger Adam, At 5:40 PM  

  • I'venever seen such blog response/attention, you truly have begun something, I'm just not sure what. And I guess I don't want your flip flops, thanks Rick, I don't know what I was thinking. I let the cheapness get the best of me.
    Teddy

    By Blogger TeddyCook, At 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home