Phil Letizia

Thursday, August 03, 2006

sky horses

I’m no poet.
I don’t pretend to be.
I’ve just tried a few times.

The other poem
posted on this blog,
“the Gate Beautiful”,
was contributed to,
and severely edited by a friend.

This poem is based on the extraordinary events seen by Elisha and his servant, captured in the Old Testament, the book of 2 Kings 6:8-24.














sky horses
phil letizia, 2006

More blind and reckless a master could never be found
Obvious he shall not discern such a force, a Dothan select

My haste screams, “Oh, my Lord, what shall we do?”
I struggle to narrate the return to you
Sole horse and carriage, soon bring pain, a craze effect

Confounded he scalls we are greater than all
Gleeful with ease, his hands point to the luminary

Prayer lips speak to open mine red face
No cause or producer brought this taste
Steed adorned hills and blue with war they carry

Fools and rebels preach such empty myth
Unknown, can I insure the redeeming whirlwind forces?

Drawn white and gold, resplendent and steeled
Run over I succumb, my weakness revealed
Salem’s warriors alight, the triumph, the sky horses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home